Thames Teachers are working with a number of Secondary Schools across Havering and Barking and Dagenham who require Cover Supervisors on a daily basis to cover sickness and absence needs at their schools.
The main duties of a Cover Supervisor are:
• Supervising the cover work set by the absent Teacher.
• Ensuring the children have the required resources and knowledge to complete the work set by the teacher.
• Managing the behaviour of pupils during the lesson to ensure all work is completed to a high standard.
• Being on hand to assist with any question the children may have regarding the work.
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies.
• Collecting completed work after lessons and returning it to the appropriate teacher/department.
We also offer opportunities for long term Cover Supervisor positions, should this be something you would consider.
• Experience of working with children within a school setting (Ideally secondary).
• Strong classroom presence and ability to manage behaviour as and when needed.
• Ability to build a rapport with children, staff and parents.
• Bachelor’s Degree/Equivalent (Please note this is desired but not essential).