EAL Teaching Assistant
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an EAL Teaching Assistant to work in a large Secondary School in East London. This is a very exciting time to join this larger than average Secondary School based in the heart of Redbridge.
This is a fantastic and fulfilling environment to be a part of, where staff work exceptionally hard to ensure that all students are happy, well-rounded individuals and are all encouraged to achieve their own individual goals.
The Head Teacher together with the successful Senior Leadership Team seek to nurture their students’ talents and abilities, and to help them become confident, mature and responsible as they take a crucial step into adulthood. The school are going through an exciting people of development and are looking for staff who share their same desire to drive the school forward.
This is a unique opportunity to join an outstanding EAL department. You’ll be responsible for:
• Planning and evaluating the curriculum for EAL students.
• Deliver timetabled EAL lessons to groups of students.
• Deliver individual and small group interventions for specific EAL students.
• Support with the school’s EAL induction process.
The most recent Ofsted states that ‘The Headteacher’s purposeful leadership has energised leaders throughout the school. Pupil’s behaviour is consistently good in lessons and around the school. They are respectful of others and contribute positively to the school’s work and culture.’
To be considered for this EAL Teaching Assistant role you must have:
• EAL/ESL/linguistics related degree (desirable)
• Thorough understanding of the challenges students with EAL/ESL face
• Experience working with secondary school students