SEND Support Assistant
A vibrant and warm Primary School in Camden is seeking a bright and enthusiastic SEND Learning Support Assistant to join their KS1 team commencing immediately.
The achieving Primary school is seeking a strong SEND Learning Support Assistant to work with a gentle and settled student in Year 1 who has been diagnosed with Global Learning Delay. He is needing 1:1 support for most of the day, however, you will have the flexibility to support the rest of the class within your role.
Experience working with SEND children in a school setting, as well as specific SEND qualifications, would be ideal, however, most importantly you will have an empathetic and calm approach to your work and be happy to work as an integral part of the larger KS1 team. You will be guided by a strong teaching team working within the classroom and with preparation of differentiated lessons for your 1:1 child.
The role is for an immediate long term and full-time cove for the remainder of the academic year. There is the potential for this position to become permanent in July 2019 for the right person.
This two form entry Primary school in Camden boast a very happy school community with excellent relationships between adults and children based on mutual respect and understanding. Wellbeing and mental health are valued by the senior leadership team, where yoga and mindfulness programs are offered to students and staff across the school.
This school has easy access to both underground tube and overground stations, making it very attractive for people commuting from many parts of London. With open green spaces, rare in London, this school provide a calm and focused school environment for both students and staff, making it a lovely place to work!
What is on offer for you:
- A supportive and encouraging learning environment
- A school that will invest in you to develop as a teaching professional
- Potential enrolment into their own Teacher Training Program
- Some of the best Graduate rates in London
- Access to our Community Education Platform www.opogo.com to support your move into Education
- Free CPD sessions, every Tuesday, for all Teaching Assistants
- Networking and Social events as part of our Opogo Community
We are seeking applications from candidates with the following:
- Good degree (2:1 or higher) at a well-established and recognised University
- A passion for and goal of getting into Teaching as a career
- Proven confident and engaging interaction with children
- Some experience in tutoring or mentoring students of any age would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good level of Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Tutoring or mentoring
- Confident and engaging
- Good degree