Learning Support Assistant
A school in Waltham Forest is looking for a supportive, problem solving and proactive Learning Support Assistant. The role will involve supporting the teacher in a mainstream classroom while providing a good standard of care and education. You will be responsible for ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner, run ning small group activities and 1:1 intervention with an autistic student in Year 7.
- Looking for an opportunity for professional development within a highly effective Secondary School that has a very good support system for staff?
- Seeking a challenge to inspire and support young people education?
- A specialist in working with students that have autism?
We are seeking applications from candidates who have:
- Enthusiasm and passion for education and aim for a career in teaching
- Proven confident and engaging interaction with children
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good level of Literacy and Numeracy skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
The school is looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant to start ASAP for the rest of the academic year and, possibly, for the right candidate there will be the opportunity to become a permanent member of staff.
The school is a culturally & ethically vibrant community that is committed to succeeding. It aims to equip young people for fulfilling lives by growing and sustaining strong self-esteem and offers an excellent support system. The school believes in forming strong partnerships with the local community, parents, businesses, universities and local employers. It also has one of the best staff development programmes in East London.
The school has good transport links, located only 3 minutes away is a train station and bus station.
Please get in touch for more details.