SEN Teacher / Learning Support Teacher
An outstanding secondary school in South London are looking to secure a Learning Support Teacher to start in September 2019.More details
This all-through school is a designated teaching school and enrols children from reception all the way through to Year 13. They converted to an academy status in 2011 and have since gone from strength to strength. The school was rated outstanding in every category by Ofsted in 2011 and have continued to maintain their high standard of teaching ever since.
The Headteacher along with the senior leadership team is highly supportive and continues year on year to develop pupils beliefs in their abilities and capability to successes.
The school also benefits from a specialist centre for pupils with speech, language and communication needs. The speech and language resource base forms part of the school’s inclusion team, which is the focal point for academic and behaviour support for pupils.
A passionate and highly motivated Learning Support Teacher is required for a September 2019 start. This role will be full time, five days per week and will continue for the remainder of the academic year.
- Preparing, planning and developing conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils you are supporting.
- Use special equipment and facilities, such as audio-visual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning.
- Assess children who have long or short-term learning difficulties and work with colleagues to identify individual pupils’ special needs
- Planning and implementing effective teaching strategies, liaising with parents, staff and other relevant professionals.
- Attend statutory annual reviews or other related meetings, such as Looked After Child (LAC) reviews, regarding students with an SEN, which may involve reviewing education, health and care (EHC) plans
The main duties will include:
To apply for this particular position, please submit your CV via the button below. Should your application meet the selection criteria, you will be contacted shortly via a member of the Thames Teachers team. Thames Teachers will run an initial registration interview to be followed by either an interview, lesson observation or trial day at the school’s discretion. Any offers will be subject to references and relevant safeguarding checks.
We are a fast-growing, efficient and hands-on agency who understands the complex nature of education recruitment. We meet with all of our candidates in person as finding the right fit for both candidate and school is a key focus from the outset. Thames Teachers specialise in daily cover, short-term bookings and long-term and permanent recruitment in both primary and secondary schools across Central and Greater London. For more information about current opportunities, please contact one of our dedicated team members on 0207 2644 919.