SEN Teaching Assistant
A large mixed comprehensive school located based in South East London is looking to secure an SEN Teaching Assistant for a September 2019 start.More details
This secondary school is a flourishing and oversubscribed comprehensive school based in the London borough of Greenwich. The school has over 1900 pupils on roll including over 500 in their popular sixth form. They are one of the leading teaching schools in the London borough of Greenwich and have links to a number of popular universities in South East London.
The school aims to provide all the children who attend with an “education to understand the world and change it for the better”. They have an innovative and creative curriculum that helps to promote children’s personal development and welfare.
The school is based a short walk from a popular underground and overground train station.
SEN Teaching Assistant
This highly sought after school has a state of the art Support Centre for Children with Autism and Language Impairment and is looking for a number of SEN Teaching Assistant to join their fantastic team. You will be working alongside a very supportive team who work very hard to ensure that each and every student is encouraged to reach their individual potential.
The successful Teaching Assistant will be required to:
- Help address communication difficulties and help students to develop their language skills
- Teach students the language they need to understand and use for their school subjects
- Support students with their work in mainstream lessons, optimizing their access to the National Curriculum
- Implement programmes of study addressing social skills and social language, so that students can make the most of their integration into the social, pastoral and extra-curricular life of the school
- Encourage and facilitate independence and the fullest possible participation in whole school life
- Focus on basic skills in literacy and numeracy.
- Previous experience working with children with a range of SEN needs but Autism or speech and language would be desired.
- Have excellent communication skills, and the ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- The ability to remain calm in challenging situations
To apply for this particular position, please submit your CV via the button below. Should your application meet the selection criteria, you will be contacted shortly via a member of the Thames Teachers team. Thames Teachers will run an initial registration interview to be followed by either an interview, lesson observation or trial day at the school’s discretion. Any offers will be subject to references and relevant safeguarding checks.
We are a fast-growing, efficient and hands-on agency who understands the complex nature of education recruitment. We meet with all of our candidates in person as finding the right fit for both candidate and school is a key focus from the outset. Opogo specialise in daily cover, short-term bookings and long-term and permanent recruitment in both primary and secondary schools across Central and Greater London. For more information about current opportunities, please contact one of our dedicated team members on 0207 2644 919