Opogo are working alongside an Outstanding Secondary Academy in Westminster who are seeking an SEND Teaching Assistant to join their team ASAP.
SEND Teaching Assistant
As well as joining a very successful school, you will also become part of a fantastic department. You will be working alongside a very supportive team who work very hard to ensure that each and every student is encouraged to reach their individual potential. You will be required to provide support, at an outstanding level, for pupils, teachers and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils. You will support the teaching of literacy and numeracy by planning and delivering intervention programmes to small groups. You will need to have an excellent working understanding of the learning needs of the students with whom you work. This may include liaising with colleagues within the SEND Team, and accessing attainment data and information from EHCP/Educational Psychologist reports. The Academy is looking for someone to start ASAP and the role will be for the remainder of the academic year.
The right applicant will:
– Have experience of working with children across KS3, KS4 and KS5
– Have experience of working with children with a range of SEND
– Have a desire to develop their understanding of SEND
– Have excellent communication skills, and the ability to plan and prioritise effectively
– Have the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
– Be committed to the wider school life and willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities