This outstanding Academy is highly regarded within the borough of Westminster and having been graded Outstanding in their most recent Ofsted, are looking to recruit an Interventions Tutor who shares their same desire to succeed. The Principal, together with the successful Senior Leadership Team are ambitious for the success of all their students in the broadest sense possible, and they have the highest expectations and standards in all that they set out to achieve. Students benefit from an inspiring and challenging curriculum, and they are provided with a first rate level of academic and pastoral support. The Academy are proud of the stimulating, supportive and calm environment they have created – it’s an environment that brings the best out of the students.
Their most recent Ofsted stated that ‘The outstanding vision and leadership of the Headteacher and the staff have ensured a true equality and high quality of educational opportunities for all students to excel. As excellent pastoral system and academic guidance together with a stimulating learning environment, has resulted in students feeling safe and highly valued. They display respectful, exemplary behaviour and good leadership qualities – this results in exemplary attendance and punctuality.’
As well as joining a very successful school, you will also become part of a fantastic department. You will be working alongside a very supportive team who work very hard to ensure that each and every student is encouraged to reach their individual potential. You will be required to provide support, at an outstanding level, for pupils, teachers and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils. This successful Academy are looking for an Interventions Tutor to join their team from September. The role will be offered on a temp – perm basis for the right candidate.
- Track the progress of targeted students including attainment, behaviour and attendance
- Provide in-class support during lessons, working closely with teachers, tutors and other staff members
- Carry out 1:1 or group interventions when appropriate
- Assess and evaluate impact of interventions on students’ progress and achievement, and amending work following assessments
- Liaise with staff to ensure information is shared effectively
- Liaise with external companies when and where appropriate
- Analyse student data in order to track progress and plan provision based on student needs
- Have regular contact with parents and carers to foster a positive relationship with the school
- Report to line manager on students’ progress
- Run extra-curricular activities which contribute to student’s aspiration and achievement
- Work co-operatively with intervention team and others to ensure the success of all students identified as requiring interventions.
The right applicant will:
- Be Degree qualified (Maths or Chemistry – preferable)
- Be keen to go on to complete your teaching qualification
- Have a passion for helping young people excel
- Have experience working with secondary school aged students (Preferable)
The successful candidates should:
- Be confident to work with students with a range of Speech, Language and Communication needs
- Have the ability to lead interventions with individuals and small groups of students
- Be able to comfortably work in partnership with teachers in a classroom environment
- Be able to communicate successfully with students, parents and external agencies
- Be committed to high levels of achievements for all students
- Be able to work within the daily routines of a mainstream secondary school.
To apply for this particular position, please submit your CV via the button below. Should your application meet the selection criteria, you will be contacted shortly via a member of the Thames Teachers team. Thames Teachers will run an initial registration interview to be followed by either an interview, lesson observation or trial day at the school’s discretion. Any offers will be subject to references and relevant safeguarding checks.
We are a fast-growing, efficient and hands-on agency who understands the complex nature of education recruitment. We meet with all of our candidates in person as finding the right fit for both candidate and school is a key focus from the outset. Opogo specialise in daily cover, short-term bookings and long-term and permanent recruitment in both primary and secondary schools across Central and Greater London. For more information about current opportunities, please contact one of our dedicated team members on 0207 264 4919.