Are you looking to start or expand your career into supporting students with SEND, or are simply seeking some practical upskilling, then our next CPD workshop ‘Working with SEND students’ is for you.
Join the Opogo consultants and established SEND educators as they help you enhance and establish your knowledge base, prepare you for working SEND students and give you practical strategies to use in the classroom.
By the end of this workshop, you will have all the tools you need to always have a positive impact on your pupils, impress your colleagues and take a step closer to your dream job.
What will be covered?
- Basic understanding of SEND needs, settings and responsibilities
- Inclusive language & terminology
- General safeguarding responsibilities
- How to “scaffold” work for SEND students
- What to expect and things to be mindful of in schools
- Autism awareness and dealing with students on different parts of the spectrum
- Strategies on keeping SEND students engaged and on task
- Interactive Q&A session
Who will benefit?
This workshop will be perfect for those who have just started working with SEND students or are looking to or are interested in working in this space.
When will the event take place?
Date: Wednesday 20 March 2019
Time: 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Location: Room 3A, Opogo, 3rd floor, 15 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 3AR
Click here to book your free place now.